Customers have heightened expectations of service and value. No longer do trade-offs between availability, cost, and speed suffice; businesses need to deliver all three. Market dynamics, evolving product portfolios, growing complexity, and a changing labour force challenge companies to leverage automation and better utilise assets to fuel profitable growth. Infor’s flagship warehouse management system (WMS)—Infor® WMS—enables agile fulfilment.
It combines the following in a single intuitive solution:
- advanced warehousing capabilities with highly configurable rules,
- built-in labour, task, and inventory management,
- as well as 3D visualization.
The unified approach lets businesses holistically assess requirements, incorporate value-added services, prioritize tasks, and eliminate bottlenecks. In this way, Infor enables perfect order fulfilment while improving throughput and costs.
‘With Infor WMS, we gained real-time visibility of our numerous warehouse stockpiles. This enabled us to reduce our customer’s inventory management costs and provide customers with a better logistics service experience—which contributed to our acquisition of a significant number of new clients’.
GOH WEE YAW
Chief Operating Officer, Global Airfreight International Pte Ltd.
Tools for a modern warehouse
Warehouse operations have evolved. Whether orchestrating across a disparate network of facilities, synchronising B2B and B2C operations, or dynamically adapting to the one constant—change—legacy systems simply cannot keep pace.
Infor WMS is architected with configurability and intuitive use fundamental to its design. Advanced features target better utilisation of inventory, space, labour, and equipment. These include multi-sequenced put-away, cross-docking, kitting, 3D visualization of the warehouse, and integration to material handling automation.
Comprehensive functionality includes:
- Receiving & Put-Away
- Streamline appointment scheduling, QC inspections, directed put-away, returns, cross-docking, and flow-through.
- Dynamically configure locations.
- Support voice- and RF-enabled activities, as well as mixed, rainbow, and multi-pallet operations.
- Inventory Management
- Optimise fulfilment in multi-site and multi-owner operations.
- Reduce obsolescence with configurable rotation rules and LPN-controlled tracking.
- Enhance visibility down to bin location level.
- Real-time, system-driven, and attribute-based cycle counting.
- Picking & Replenishment
- Supports such techniques as order, cluster, and consolidation picking, as well as dynamic replenishment.
- Incorporate voice, RF, ecommerce, kitting, and allocation requirements.
- Improve stock rotation and space utilisation with automated triggers.
- Wave & Task Management
- Prioritize and interleave tasks, supporting B2B and B2C fulfilment.
- Highly configurable release and escalation rules help optimise cycle times, balance workloads, and build shipments.
- View outstanding work using flexible graphic queries.
- Labour Management
- Measure, assess, and view DC activities to increase operational efficiency.
- Whether inventory, location, workflow, labour, or equipment related, identify bottlenecks and balance resources.
- Engineered labour standards and real-time performance metrics inform scenario analyses.
- 3D Visual Warehouse
- Visualise DC activity using an embedded, interactive interface.
- As a virtual decision hub, Infor WMS lets users ‘see’ workflow, bottlenecks, and at-risk inventory.
- It then seamlessly initiates corrective action to alleviate delays and increase productivity.
- Value-Added Services
- Accommodate personalized service requirements, from kitting, bundling, and light assembly to compliance labelling and special packs.
- Drive competitive differentiation by integrating customer-specific configuration and tailored delivery.
- 3PL Billing
- Infor WMS embeds an industry-leading activity-based solution with customer-level costing, billing, and invoicing.
- Incorporate account-specific workflows, traceability, and services critical to supporting multi-warehouse and multi-owner operations.
‘With our prior system, it took a significant amount of time for people to get up to speed. Now, with Infor WMS we can have a new person come on line and, within 10 days, be operational and productive, and that is huge for us’.
Director of IT & PMO, Johnstone Supply, Inc.
‘Shelf management has improved tremendously. In fact, the overall way in which the business and operations now work has improved drastically’.
Future Supply Chains
Adaptive WMS for operations at the speed of business
Infor’s advanced warehousing functionality is designed to meet the needs of your business today, while supporting tomorrow’s growth.
Infor WMS users have reported achieving:
- 15 to 20% reduction in fulfilment costs
- 15 to 40% increase in labour productivity
- 5 to 20% decrease in space requirements
- 5 to 12% improvement in inventory throughput
- 5 to 25% savings in transportation costs
- Bin inventory accuracy over 99%
With industry-specific capabilities to increase customer service and product velocity, Infor WMS is available in 14 languages and has been implemented around the globe. It utilises an object-oriented distribution platform for independence, reliability, scalability, and security. It can be deployed either in the clou or on-premises.
Infor brings 30 years of experience to the WMS space. With over 5000 installations in 40 countries, Infor successfully supports a wide range of companies—in terms of size, source of complexity, industry, and ERP instances.
Contact us to explore the next generation in warehouse management.